❆ Skiing and Slopes in North Idaho ❆
It’s not just skiing you’ll find during winter in North Idaho; there is a whole bevvy of winter activities available to you, but here are some of the major slopes and their amenities.
Schwietzer – Considered by many as the best skiing in Idaho and the best family-friendly resort in the Pacific Northwest, Schweitzer is independently owned and proud of it. Schweitzer ranks as one of the nation’s top winter destinations with 2900 acres of amazing terrain, thanks to its two massive bowls and renowned tree skiing. Located in the Selkirk Mountains of the North Idaho, Schweitzer overlooks the town of Sandpoint and offers breathtaking views of three states, Canada, and the impressive Lake Pend Oreille.
- Wellness and Massage Services.
- Mountain Biking.
- Dining, with 16 different restaurants to choose from.
- Shopping, from gear, to art, to market essentials.
- Zip Lining.
- Trampoline Jumper.
- Lockers and Ski Check.
- Twilight Skiing.
- Sluice Box Mining.
Silver – A year-round resort conveniently located in Kellogg, Idaho just off I-90. Silver Mountain Resort offers skiing, snowboarding, lift served snow tubing and snowshoeing during the winter months. Once summer hits, the lifts keep turning for mountain top adventure. The sky is the limit at Silver Mountain! Whichever season you decide to visit, make sure you stay with Silver Mountain Lodging which includes access to Silver Rapids Waterpark with every room. Silver Rapids, Idaho’s largest indoor waterpark, takes weather out of the equation by creating a perfect 84 degree, football field-sized location to splash, swim and surf on the perfect wave!
- Silver Rapids Indoor Waterpark – Idaho’s Largest Indoor Waterpark Resort
- Silver Cypress Spa, offering traditional and specialty massages and spa treatments.
- Equipment Rentals.
- Full Service Tech Shop.
- Lodging, includes water park access with every stay.
- Golf, a stunning 9 hole course will impress golfers of any skill level.
- Dining, offering 9 different restaurants to choose from!
- Bike Park, offering a wide variety of trails for everyone.
- Hiking, with the Kellogg Peak Fire Lookout Trail, an intermediate trail, including a reproduction of the original 1935 Forest Service fire lookout at the peak.
- Gift Shop.
Lookout – Lookout’s original historic base lodge is the second-oldest ski lodge in the northwest, built and owned by the US Forest Service. In the 1950s, The Idaho Ski Club, the group of volunteers that operated Lookout Pass, sold lift tickets for 50 cents. In 1980, Lookout’s first chairlift – Chair One, was financed with contributions from local mining companies to provide winter recreation for their employees. Many new trails, chairlifts and attractions have been added, keeping the culture and attendance strong! Lookout Pass is where great snow, easy access and affordable prices have earned them the honor of “Most Family-Friendly” mountain resort in the Pacific Northwest.
- Visitor Center (for Idaho and Montana), open 8 am to 4 pm daily in season.
- Deli & Grill offers hamburgers, deli sandwiches, snacks, beverages, and sack lunches to go A variety of domestic beers are available.
- Scenic Chairlift Rides are available at Ski Lookout Pass that take you to the mountains summit.
- Rental Shop, which is also perform equipment adjustments and minor repairs.
- Gift Shop.
- FREE Overnight RV Parking.
- MOUNTAIN Biking on the Route of the Hiawatha.