Summer Events and Happenings in and Around Coeur d’Alene
As summer gears up, you may be wondering what some fun activities are going on. While this is not an all inclusive list, we hope it helps you find something fun to do in Coeur d’Alene and the surrounding areas!
Here are some recurring events that happen all throughout the summer:
- Live After 5 CDA – A concert series in downtown Coeur d’Alene, Wednesdays from 5:00-8:30 PM at McEuen Park
- Live After 5 Post Falls – A concert series in Post Falls, Thursdays from 5:00-8:30 PM at Tullamore Park
- CDA Farmer’s Market – Wednesdays, 4:00 – 7:00 PM, May through September, Fifth St. & Sherman Ave. Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Hayden Farmer’s Market – Saturdays, 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM, May through October, SE Corner Hwy 95 & Prairie Ave. Hayden, Idaho
- Sandpoint Farmers Market – Wednesdays, 3:00- 5:30 PM and Saturdays, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM Farmin’ Park, Downtown Sandpoint (corner of 3rd and Main)
- Art Walk – every 2nd Friday of the month throughout the year, stroll the streets of downtown Coeur d’Alene galleries, featuring locally and nationally acclaimed artists.
- Main Street Market – runs on the 3rd Thursday of each month on Main St. between Mill & McCartney in Rathdrum. Offering a range categories. DATES: June 16, July 21, & August 18, TIME: 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Here are some of the Special Events that come around once a year:
- Fishing Derby:
- Coeur d’Alene: 6/4, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM at Fernan Lake. SIGN UP AT FINS & FEATHERS TACKLE SHOP (1816 E Sherman Ave). Free for all kids ages 0-17 (First 150 kids to sign up will receive FREE rod and reel combo and tackle box on day of Derby. All kids MUST be accompanied by an Adult. There will be additional prizes for the individuals that catch largest fish of each species. There is no check in.
- Post Falls: 6/18, 9:00 AM at Falls Park for Ages 5-14. Once fishing has concluded, prizes will be awarded to the winners of our multiple angling categories. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Children must be accompanied by an adult. *Participants must bring their own pole and bait.
- Rathdrum: 6/11, 9:00 – 11:00 AM at Rathdrum City Park. In cooperation with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, free fishing for all up to age 14, No fishing license required. Bring a fishing pole, live bait (worms) and barbless-hooks only.
- Sandpoint Renaissance Faire – 6/11-12 Jousts, fine entertainment, eclectic merchants and a joyous atmosphere.
- Car d’Lane – 6/17-18 Experience the largest classic car cruise in North Idaho on Friday! Then, take a look under the hoods of these one of a kind classics on Saturday. Fun for the entire family will be taking place all day Saturday including a Poker Walk, People’s Choice Voting, Young Builders Alley and more! Cruise Friday, 6/17 6:00 – 9:00 PM, Show Saturday, 7/18 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Dog Days of Summer – 6/18, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM at Stoddard Park (Hayden) FREE for all ages, Bring your POOCHES! Doggie Vendors, Bouncy Houses, Food Vendors, KCSD K9 Demo, Photo Booth, New Kid’s Playground
- 4th of July Parade & Fireworks (Downtown CDA) 7/4, parade starts at 10:00 AM
- Post Falls Festival –7/8 -10. Live music, vendors, food trucks, inflatables for the kids, and a beer garden for the adults – all three days at Q’emiln Park, Post Falls. The parade is located on Seltice Way (Saturday 7/9 at 10 AM) and Car Show & Shine at Post Falls City Hall.
- Brewfest – 7/9, 1:00 – 7:00 PM, Quench your thirst with fine craft brews this summer in McEuen Park! Featuring a wide variety of 30 beers and ciders, a great selection of food, yard games, and live music!
- Rathdrum Days – 7/15 – Friday 5:30-7:00 PM at Majestic Park with live music, beer garden, and kids bounce houses. Parade 7/16 at 10AM on Main St. 7/16 – Saturday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM at Lakeland High School with vendors, car show, kids fun zone, McDonald’s Big Wheel Races, Doggie Dash, and continuous live entertainment!
- Hayden Days – 7/22-23 at McIntire Park. Live music, vendors, food, and more!
- Art of the Green/Taste of Coeur d’Alene/Street Fair – 8/5-7 a celebration of art and community in the northwest. Featuring Art, vendors, food, and entertainment.
- Athol Daze – 8/13 at the Athol Community Center and City Park. Music, vendors, food, and more!
- Taste of Rathdrum – 8/13 at Majestic Park. Activities may include: BBQ Cook Off, Burger Battle, Hot Dog Eating Contest, Corn Hole Tournament, Petting Zoo, Live Entertainment, Bounce Houses, Beer Garden, Food Vendors, Non – Food Vendors, and More!
- North Idaho State Fair – 8/19-28 Featuring livestock, motocross, demo-derby, vendors, the rodeo, concerts and more!
- Paul Bunyan Days – 9/2-5 Four days of fun and excitement in Saint Maries, Idaho: Carnival rides, games galore, carnival food, vendors, music, dancing, A FIREWORKS DISPLAY YOU’LL NEVER FORGET and entertainment around every corner! Cheer on your favorite LumberJack or LumberJill in the logging events for the coveted title of “LUMBERJACK and LUMBERJILL OF THE YEAR”